24 September 2010

SURPRISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, last night I received a text as I was sitting on my couch watching Willow with quite possibly the most disgustingly greasy hair man has ever seen. It said: "Hey! Want to hang out with the guys from Bad Rabbits?" Seeing as I hadn't seen two of them since our first chance meeting when they crashed out house party (during which one of them gave me a foot massage), I realized there was only one thing to do. GO. I mean, how often does one get to hang out with an up-and-coming band in their green room after their set?!

So, I hopped in the shower, tossed on my tightest black jeans, a loose striped blouse, and a pair of high heels that put me a couple inches over all but one of the guys in the band, sprayed my hair to within an inch of it's life with hairspray, and hopped in a cab with Antonina.

The green room party was fairly tame, even by my standards, although by the time we left, the floor was covered in hundreds of skittles. (Why someone had arrived with 2 boxes worth of skittle packets, I don't know, but I did get home with about 11 packets of them in my purse, along with 10 pens and 2 pears from the rider.) Everyone was sipping on whiskey, so I took a few very dainty sips before passing my drink off to Ant, who had lost hers. I'm not quite sure what was going on, but all the shortest men in the room were paying A LOT of attention to me. Perhaps it was their close proximity to my boobs, or maybe the challenge of taming an Amazon seemed like a fun activity for the night. All I know is... I spent a lot of time attempting to fade away from conversations. ;-)

Anyhoodle, as the end of the night approached, Ant and the bassist were speaking very closely, so I wandered over to the rest of the band as they got their stuff ready to leave. This is where I met Salim for the second time. Salim is the guitarist for the group, and during the 5 minutes we chatted, we bonded over his awesome crocodile guitar case, and the fact that I was a magician at procuring Bell-Hops. Let me repeat - during the 5 MINUTES that we chatted. Remember that.

So, as everyone is drunkenly bouncing around here, there, and everywhere, Salim and I attempted to get all of the instruments onto an elevator with the utmost of difficulty. Why this hotel had such narrow doors on the elevator, but as the door closed itself on the dolley, I was laughing so hard I was nearly crying, and he was cracking some pretty fantastic jokes at our expense. Total time in each others presence - 8 minutes.

Finally, after some shifting around of cases and the selection of an entirely new elevator, we successfully maneuvered into our carriage for the trip down 1 story. I leaned up against the back wall, and before I could say 'horseshoe' I had lips against my lips!!!!!!!! I don't know about you all, but I had always wondered what it would be like to be completely surprised by a kiss. The truth is, that it was a whole host of experiences wrapped up in one. It was exciting, awkward, slightly insulting, and hilarious, all at the same time. In light of that, I pulled back and said: "What in the WORLD was that?!"

His response? "Spontaneity."

Since it was a 15 second trip down, we both exited the elevator immediately after this exchange. I ran for Antonina and he made for his taxi to his hotel.

I think I'm still confused.

Love,
Katie

No comments: