11 February 2011

Well then...

So, just so you all know, I talked myself into being totally okay with just having made out with Justin C, (not to be confused with Justin G) and not having it go anywhere. I was an empowered woman... ready to own my sexuality and emotions. I AM WOMAN, HEAR ME ROAR kinda stuff. Anyhoodle... turns out a lot of that accomplishment was due to the fact that I hadn't seen him, because last night he showed up at a kickball party, and I immediately melted and had to forcefully kick myself into "cool Katie" mode.

I made sure to chat with all my friends, let him start conversations with me and left them before they were 100% through, told funny stories, and danced with a group of people that were in the bar after their leadership conference. (Apparently my friend Liza and I showed great courage when we jumped in the middle of their dance circle, and they wanted to discuss us in tomorrow's class. Obviously these people just don't know what a good time looks like.) Anyway, externally, I was kicking ass and taking names. I was being Katie at her very best. Internally, however, I was a 10-year-old girl wanting to slip him a note asking if he liked me and harshly judging all other girls in the room that spoke with him.

Anyway, the night went on, and I was keeping my cool like the champion that I am... and then at about 11:00 I realized there were only 6 of us left in the bar. Jenna and her boyfriend, Bala and his new lady friend, and me and Justin. I made some statement about needing to think about going home, to which Justin responded that the last bus to his place would be at 11:55pm, and would I like another drink?

Why... OF COURSE I wanted another drink! Little did he know that I hadn't really been drinking any of the beer that he and others had been pouring all night. (Saving up my liver for Saturday night.) Anyway, we pulled up to the bar, and the next thing I know, I'm hearing:

"So, I just wanted to let you know that I think you're really cool. And I want to hang out with you more."

Cool Katie kicked in... "Now, that can be accomplished in a very simple manner. What you do... is you call me."

"I did call you."

"Nah... you kinda texted me at 11:00pm."

"Well, I also facebook chatted you."

(Imagine me waving spirit fingers) "Wooooo!"

"Okay. Okay. I get it. Well, I want to see you more. I like you, and I want to get to know you."

At this point, I noticed he had fuzz on his beard. I reached my left hand out to get it from his beard, not realizing what grabbing for someone's face might also imply... and the next thing I know I was being kissed at the bar in front of.... well, almost no one, but still!!!

"Oh! Oh... I was actually just grabbing at some fuzz that you had in your scruff."

"Oh... I thought you were..." The awkwardness began to blossom on his face.

"Yeah... but I mean, that's totally cool too!" To which he responded with another kiss.

Anyway we chatted at the bar up until the last second possible for him to catch the bus home, at which point I walked him down the street and then got kissed in front of a bus of people. Mmmm... it was a good one. The kind where he almost missed his bus, except that I literally shoved him at it when I realized the bus driver was not amused.

So... all of this is to say: GOOD NEWS! Someone would like to get to know me better!

Love,
Katie

No comments: