06 April 2010

If you're wondering...

Why it's be a bit since I posted, it's because I've been crazy busy since last Wednesday. I've edited 130 slides down to 90, written an article, researched and written a case study, become a regular pilates and yoga attendee, gotten myself lost in a zipcar, personally walked over 500lbs worth of stuff up to my 4th floor apartment, set up my entire room (including organizing 128 hangers worth of clothing...), gone to target for appliances, cleaned my restroom to the closest to spotless perfection it will ever get, celebrated Easter with Antonina's family, and have been forced to show my cards as a marketing consultant. How'd the last part go? Well... I guess as well as can be expected for someone who has no experience. In other words... I feel like a boob 90% of the time I'm in the office.

While this slight overload has been exhausting, I've learned a few valuable things:

- Intuition is more important than google maps when driving in Boston.
- Taking a direct bus line will take you longer than an indirect subway line.
- Mamma Karen (who's only about 8 years my senior) knows just what to say when I'm stressed out about being a total boob.
- Movers are worth every penny, and I will always use them in the future.
- It is important to double check whether the water is coming out of the faucet or shower head before you turn it on, especially if you are standing in the tub.
- Always check who's cc'd on emails.
- Certain items should never be purchased without all roommates present, as it will result in you trekking heavy things back to Marshalls.
- Jelly Belly Citrus Medleys are delicious.
- Don't add hot sauce to mac&cheese.
- DVD players that cost $34 work exceptionally well.
- Check to see if the carpets are being replaced the week you're trying to move in.
- Always have packing tape. It comes in handy.

Love,
Katie

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congrats girl! I feel accomplished just reading about what you did.

Can I read your articles??