You ever have one of those weekends where you're more exhausted at the end of it then you were before it started? Given how absolutely ridiculous last week was, I didn't think it was possible. Yesterday I even chose to work from home to try and recuperate... only to spend 5 hours putting together furniture. (I twisted so many screws that my right thumb turned red and started swelling...)
What I'm trying to say is that I had a fun weekend, but still can't get a coherent thought together about which I can blog. In the meantime... here are some things I have learned.
- Ikea has good phone service until you hit the actual storage facility. If you try and take a business call there... you will break up every few minutes, and you'll also have to cover the mouth piece every time the speaker system starts: "Attention Ikea shoppers..." It will be nerve wracking.
- Ikea is a time warp. 15 minutes on the inside is 3 hours to the outside world.
- Sting is stupendous in "Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels." Who knew he could be so bad-ass?
- Best hangover breakfast: Cheese omelet with a side of PB&J.
- Almost everyone I know in Boston likes having their butt slapped.
- Kickball people really and truly are the best people in the world.
- It's extremely tempting to ignore all of my "potential," and just go and do something that will make me happy every day of my life.
- Be completely oblivious to boys... and they will come.
- As long as I stay relaxed, I can kick ass at flip cup.
- I truly do live up to the name Chickaboom.
- Showers are way more fun with company.
- Waking up early to do work is a great idea, until you leave your keys to the office at home.
- Buck Hunter is harder than it looks.
- Tequila is an upper.
- I have amazing self-control, until I don't want to... ;-)
- Mega Tots at Trident are not nearly as delicious as they seem like they would be.
- Using your blackberry in the passenger seat of a car will make you carsick.
- "Flashlights" don't look like what I thought they'd look like.