15 January 2011

I think highly of myself... here's how you know

In the spirit of full disclosure... I figured I'd share my online profile with you all. Would you date me?

My self-summary
I'm a 24-year-old California native, although I've spent the last few years living in Philadelphia, Hillsborough, Lyon, and Charleston. I consider myself feminine, but I'm also a big fan of rolling around in the mud on occasion. I'm very bright, although I have been known to have some blonde moments that are up there with the best of them. I play kickball in my spare time, and I dabble in scuba diving, singing, dancing, jewelry making, reading, writing, horseback riding, rugby, wine tasting, traveling, crummy guitar playing, and just about anything else I can think of that sounds like fun.

I'm a hoot. Seriously. I can't tell a joke to save my life, but I can keep you entertained and laughing nonetheless. Heck, my comedic stumbles are a big part of my charm!

I'm extremely outgoing, rarely embarrassed, and just about as confident as they come.

What I’m doing with my life
Goodness... what am I not doing with my life?

- I've got kickball, bowling, and what will soon be my debut into social running.
- I'm trying to turn myself into a running addict, and perhaps a marathoner by November 2011.
- I'm slowly but surely preparing myself for my return to school for a PhD in marketing.
- My bookshelves are being quickly filled with classic and new fiction.
- Anytime I can talk my friends into it, I like to spend my nights dancing.
- I've been saving money so that I can eventually own property, or perhaps take 6 months to a year off to travel the world.
- I would like to start a love affair with craft beer, but don't quite know how to get started.
- Whenever possible, I avoid my roommates' avid reality TV watching.
- I still try and get myself lost around the Boston area as often as possible in order to find hidden gems.
- When it comes to my time with my friends, the only way to describe it is "play time." (Taking ourselves seriously is not our strong suit.)

Oh... and I work ridiculous hours as a Marketing Consultant. Somehow, I manage to do all of it and still sleep!

I’m really good at
Another list! Whoopie!!!

- Designing and making jewelry. It's how I supported myself through my internship.
Baking cupcakes. My favorites so far were Irish Car Bombs.
Singing. If I can do it in front of an audience, all the better.
- Laughing. I've gotten a lot of practice.
- Snuggling. But only until one of us twitches while falling asleep. Then we need to separate.
Witty repartee. I tease, because I love.
- Making people feel comfortable. I am rarely ever shocked, I don't judge, and I'm willing to support anything that can be enjoyed in a healthy way... in other words, I'm the person you tell when everyone else would judge, and it's my pleasure to do it!
- Hugs. This may sound like it's just repeating snuggling, but I assure you that they are different, and both spectacular.
Dancing. I am not a ballerina, but I can most certainly make my way around the dance floor.
- Keeping myself entertained. Anything from appreciating the small things to making the effort to get out and experience what's going on around me. I attempt to try almost anything once, possibly twice if I think the first time might have been a dud.

The first things people usually notice about me
My smile and my energy are what I've been told make the biggest first impression. I like to keep on the sunny side of life, and part of that means being up for anything... the serious, the goofy, the random, the enlightening, and even the lazy.

Favorite books, movies, shows, music, and food
Books:
There are only a few books I've met that I haven't liked. Since I do a lot of research during the day, I like to spend my weeknights getting lost in fiction or comedic memoirs. I've enjoyed David Sedaris to Fyodor Dostoevsky, Gabriel Garcia Marquez to J.R.R. Tolkein.

Movies:
For a taste of my favorites, there's... Some Like It Hot, The Departed, Little Miss Sunshine, Amelie, Dogma, City of God, Fight Club, Love Actually, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Office Space, The Orphanage, The Princess Bride, To Wong Foo Thanks for Everything, Y Tu Mama Tambien, Love Me If You Dare (Jeu d'Enfants), Wet Hot American Summer, Paris Je T'aime

Music:
This month's obsessions: The Black Keys, Mumford & Sons, Under the Influence of Giants, and my friend Morgan's New EP "OldNew."

Food:
As long as it's not cantaloupe or peppers, I'm good to go!

The six things I could never do without
In no particular order:
- Music (and the ability to sing and dance along.)
- Books
- My family and the friends that have become my family
- Sugar
- Crazy People on the T
- Laughing so hard that tears stream down my face

I spend a lot of time thinking about
I spent 4 years studying cultural anthropology, so I definitely spend a lot of time thinking about what makes people tick. At any given moment, however, I could be thinking about the pitfalls of a particular government, a dirty joke, the horror that is leggings being substituted for pants, what word choice will make the most memorable statement to a consumer, where I stand on the spiritual spectrum, what I would do if I were president, whether or not I should drop everything and open up a bakery, how quickly I can justify a year sabbatical for travel, or the fact that my love of high heel shoes happens to be causing me to eat through my company's band-aid supply.

On a typical Friday night I am
On a typical Friday night I am doing one of these things, if not something completely out of the ordinary:

- Watching a movie
- Out dancing with friends
- Catching a concert
Wine tasting
- Reading in bed and trying to catch up on sleep
- Digging into a DIY project
- Singing karaoke
- Roaming art galleries
- On my way out of town for a spot of traveling
- Eating a deeply satisfying meal at a fantastic restaurant

I am always up for suggestions, though!
The most private thing I’m willing to admit
This right here.

I’m looking for
·         - Guys who like girls
·         - Ages 22-32
·         - Near me
·         - Who are single
·         - For new friends, activity partners

You should message me if
You're looking for the kind of girl that jumps in fountains when there aren't big enough puddles and breaks into playgrounds at night just to fail at monkey bars. Either that, or you're jonesing for some of the best cupcakes you've ever tasted. ;-)

YOU PROBABLY SHOULDN'T MESSAGE IF (a.k.a. these people have messaged me, and it was oh-so creepy):
- You're old enough to be my dad by any stretch of the imagination
- The fact that I may not want to have kids is absolutely unacceptable to you
- You would like to proposition me for casual sex
- 100% of your photos are you staring broodingly into your webcam

Love,
Katie

No comments: