17 February 2010

Bookstore FAIL...

So, today I finally bought a book I've been wanting to get for a while. You might have heard of it:



I'm not desperate by any means, but Patti cracks my shit up on Bravo, so I figured this might be an entertaining read. I admit, however, that I look forward to her tough love. Perhaps a read through this book will stop me from sending that one text too many... which I'm sure would be a wonderful improvement.

Anyhoodle, I was in the bookstore looking for this book. I was already embarrassed because I had to stand in the "love and relationships" aisle... so I grabbed it and dashed to fiction. My idea was that I wanted to get another book with this one that maybe would lessen the woman at the checkout counter's likelihood of thinking I'm a crazy desperate 20-something looking to get my MRS by the end of college. So, I grab a book I've been meaning to read for a long time, wipe my brow of the anxiety of hypothetical judgment, and make my way to the front.

It wasn't until I put the books down on the counter that I realized my mistake. On top of Become Your Own Matchmaker sat Wuthering Heights. Now, if you don't know, this book happens to be described as "One of literature’s most disturbing explorations into the dark side of romantic passion." So, in addition to being desperate, my book choice added a new dimension of being a scorned woman plunging herself into the dark shadows of love while desperately seeking her white knight strong enough to carry all her baggage. 


FAIL.


Love,
Katie

No comments: