13 November 2009

Bad day blues...

So this morning my alarm went off at 6am. Normally that's when I toss on gym clothes and head out the door, but I was exhausted, so I did what any normal person would do. I texted my dad, who was on the other side of the wall from me: "SLEEP," and went back to bed. (Joni says this is proof that communication is dead. I say it's an ingenious way to make sure that I remain minimally conscious, so as to better fall back asleep.)

Anyway, in my state, I remembered to text my dad but forgot to reset the alarm. "Fear not!" you would think. My dad would be back from the gym around 7:00, my mom would inevitably be awake, and they would notice that I wasn't present in the day's morning rituals, right? No, of course not. I awoke to a knock on my door at 8:30, and my dad saying: "Hey, aren't you supposed to be at the office right now?" CURSES!!! I made it to work by 9:05, which is impressive... but ever since then I've been thinking about the scene that passed in the condo before my being awoken.

WHAT WERE MY PARENTS DOING??? Dad was working on the presentation he has to give today, which is understandable, but my mother has absolutely nothing that she needs to be doing. So, in this scenario... she wakes up at 6:00 when dad gets up, then falls back asleep once he's left. Next, she wakes up again when dad gets back at around 7:00, and gets up to make a latte. She makes her latte within 5 minutes of waking up, cooks up some oatmeal (another few minutes), and then what??? Sits around revelling in my absence until she realizes that I never skip breakfast, and that perhaps I should have been making my own oatmeal... say... an hour ago???!!! (Which reminds me... I've now skipped breakfast. The rest of my blog will be written while eating a Nature Valley bar... mmmm.... peanut butter is by far the best one in the variety pack.)

So anyway... the point is that I am now at the office with wet hair, no makeup except mascara, no earrings, and a horrible attempt at what could have been a cute outfit. I want to go home, I want to sleep, and I want to watch the Office (as well as the 10 million other TV shows I watch) on my computer while making jewelry. Anyone know how I can swing this??

Love,
Katie

P.S. Remind me to write an email about my psychosomatic reaction to violence. Those of you that don't know about it will think it's weird/funny, and those of you that have experienced it might enjoy reliving the moments.

No comments: