16 December 2009

Mental Juke Box

So, last night while softly singing all the songs that popped into my head to my fellow intern (we were both very bored at my father's public meeting) I realized that my mind jumps everywhere. Here's a sampling:
  • Yellow Submarine - The Beatles
  • Alouette
  • Frère Jacques... okay... that's a logical jump.
  • Crazy - Patsy Cline version
  • Immigrant's Tale - Led Zeppelin
  • Evacuate the Dance Floor - Cascada
  • Haven't Met You Yet - Michael Bublé 
    • Side note: This song has been my theme song du jour off-and-on for the past month. I've been thinking about putting good quotes from it into my blog... but really the whole song works. For those of you that know me, though... I'm sure you'd agree with the part that says: "I talk myself in. I talk myself out. I get all worked up, then I let myself down." Sound like me just about every week or so?? Yeah... thought so... I'm a fickle pickle. 
  • Rock You Like a Hurricane - Scorpions
  • Strokin - Clarence Carter
I won't keep going... because I've noticed that I've been doing a fair amount of lists recently. However, what this brings to mind is the fact that I can never really answer the question: "What kind of music do you listen to?" The answer is... I listen to whatever my brain tells me to listen to... it's random... it's eclectic... and it never turns off.  iTunes be damned!!! My memory has a much better shuffle!!

Love,
Katie

No comments: