10 December 2009

Ornament CHAMPION!!!!!

HELLO ALL! I am back after a harrowing series of public meetings announcing my father's development plans. I'm tired, my feet hurt, and I've had cookies for breakfast, lunch, and dinner the past few days. (Things are not looking good for my jeans this weekend.) Anyhoodle, I was in desperate need for a pick-me-up when I arrived to work this morning. Lo and behold, I had forgotten about the ornament competition!!!!!

The ornament competition is thusly:

Each person in the office was given red, green, and white pipe cleaners, two popsicle sticks, a few puff balls (red, green, white), silver and gold bells, and various sequins. Ornaments can only be made using the materials supplied, although glue may be used to hold it in place.

I had yet to make mine as of this morning, due to late-night cupcake making for our party, so upon entering the office I realized that I had a valid excuse to do arts and crafts ALL. DAY. LONG. I originally planned to make a skiing santa... but Molly arrived this morning with a skier, so now I have masterfully begun the construction of Santa going down the chimney. It is SPECTACULAR!!!!!! Perhaps I will take a webcam shot so that you can see my progress... Yes, I will.

Here's what I have so far. I intend upon adding sequins to decorate the chimney as well as doing some  finishing touches on Santa during my "decorating lunch" with Genna.



I'm so freakin' proud of myself!! I'm also very excited that I was able to pull my fingers off of Santa's sack (That's what she said, but also take time to note that there are presents inside! Which, is also what she'd say.) after accidentally putting them directly on wet super glue.

HOORAY!!

Love,
Katie

No comments: